Sunday, April 7, 2019

Enlistment Blog

Seventeenth of November 1860
Dear Mary,
I guess I'm going to war again. I thought the Mexican-American war would be the last one I'd fight in, but I was wrong. Luckily I get to lead the entire army this time.
As far as I can tell the regiments have a good group of soldiers. I strongly believe the Confederacy will defeat the North. Their generals are not very effective. And Lincoln has no military experience unlike our president, Jefferson Davis.
How is it back at home? I hope the kids are making good grades at school.
All the best,
Robert
P.S.: Mary, please get well soon.. the kids need you more than ever now that I'm away.
P.S.S. You pecan pie at Thanksgiving is amazing. Will you eat some for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A song for the Union (bonus)

T'was before the war in 1860 when I captured John Brown raiding Harper's Ferry (I know that was a while  ago but i still remember it...