Thursday, May 16, 2019

A song for the Union (bonus)

T'was before the war in 1860 when I captured John Brown raiding Harper's Ferry (I know that was a while  ago but i still remember it :]). So he was in his cell and i was on guard duty for his corridor and then he goes "Mr. Lee may I have a scrap of paper?" I look at him and I was very surprised. I asked him why and he said "I dunno just wanted to jot something down. So, as a good guard, I got him a pen and some paper and then he started writing a lot of stuff down on it. But not in the form of a letter, it was like he was writing a poem. When he was done he asked me "Mr. Lee can you revise this for spelling errors?" I was so shocked at his request, I thought it was a trap but it wasn't every few minutes I would glance up from the paper to see what old John was doing and he just looked at me and said "Well, how is it?" I just shrugged and kept reading. It was interesting to tell you the truth. I told him I would keep it, and copy it when my shift ended and give him his original copy. So that's what I did. I'll leave you guys with my copy of his song (I'll attach a video at a future date):
It has profanity....

No comments:

Post a Comment

A song for the Union (bonus)

T'was before the war in 1860 when I captured John Brown raiding Harper's Ferry (I know that was a while  ago but i still remember it...