Thursday, April 11, 2019

1861 Blog

23 December 1861
Dear Carter,

It looks like we are on equal terms now big brother. Remember how you used to boss me around as a child? Well now I boss around an army (an army that allows you to have your little cotton farm), so who's better now :). That's beside the point, I was going to tell you about the Battle of Manassas

So basically what happened is the Union-scumbags of the North come down to Manassas- about 30 miles from D.C. with all their little recruits. And then they start shooting at us and we trick them into thinking we're scared of them by "retreating". Then we started shooting at them and their puny recruits got scared and started to run. The Union lines started to deteriorate. Oh and did I mention people from the North came to picnic and watch us kick the North's butt (I think they thought the North would win, but they had no idea that it would turn out in the opposite way). Anyway, the civilians fled with the recruits and oh god it was hilarious. There was one regiment that stood out to me.  It was Stonewall Jackson's regiment- they held strong the WHOLE TIME!! Once we one we took all the civilian's left over food and ate it. Honestly there was one moment I won't forget, when one of the regiment leaders found a Union top hat and threw it into Bull Run creek because it was 'contaminated by its Northern owner for living in D.C.' and we all laughed it was great.

Your Little Brother,

Robert
P.S. the Union had more casualties that us (914 more)
P.S.S. Thank you for the cotton blanket you sent me it's super soft and looks amazing and works really well-your slaves really did do a good job. I hope they made one for you too :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

A song for the Union (bonus)

T'was before the war in 1860 when I captured John Brown raiding Harper's Ferry (I know that was a while  ago but i still remember it...