Tuesday, April 23, 2019

1862 Blog

25 October 1862
Dear Mary and Carter,

I hope ya'll are doing okay. My troops and I decided that we should go ahead and march into Union territory and fight them. And we did just that in the battle of Sharpsburg. I decided it was a good idea since I was on a win streak that summer. We were trying to invade them. See the tide kept changing throughout the day. We had a big advantage over the Union. 1) they had no leader  2) they have no battle experience. and 3) we chose better fighting positions. The Union claimed they won because they "stopped an invasion" but we were more strategic throughout the battle. Did I mention that there were many times where McClellan could have beat us but he never took the opportunity so they fired him. I would have paid to see Lincoln yell at him, it must have been funny.

All the best,

Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment

A song for the Union (bonus)

T'was before the war in 1860 when I captured John Brown raiding Harper's Ferry (I know that was a while  ago but i still remember it...